Thambittu Recipe – Rice Laddu Recipe – SFR
Today, we bring to you Thambittu recipe or the Rice Laddu Recipe for your delicate tastebuds! Thambittu (Rice Laddu in English), is a Traditional Sweet Ladduu made in Karnataka from Rice, Jaggery and Ghee. They are mainly prepared for Bhoomi Thayi Pooje (Keddasa in Tulu). Based on the region, the same may also be made for Naga panchami, Gauri pooja, Ganesh chaturthi and Maha Shivratri, although the rice is replaced by dry coconut and flour at times.
- Boiled rice 250g,
- Banana 3,
- Ghee 4tsp,
- Honey 2tsp,
- Jaggery 100g,
- Salt to taste.
- Step 1: Fry the boiled rice in a pan until it gets puffed.
- Step 2: When the rice is warm, grind it in a mixer to a fine powder.
- Step 3: Take the powdered rice in a mixing bowl and add jaggery powder to it.
- Step 4: Add salt to taste and mix well.
- Step 5: Add mashed banana, ghee and honey to it and mix well.
- Step 6: The mix forms a dough consistency. Make laddus out of this dough.
Bon apetit! Did you try making these recipes? Let us know how it turned out in the comments below!
If you liked this recipe, consider subscribing to our free newsletter or joining our 3500+ Insta Family!
By Thejaswini Lokesh