This is Hastha here. I’m a Chartered Accountant by profession and a dancer, orator and badminton player by passion. Besides these, I have many other hobbies like reading books, blogging, listening to music & of course, at times experimenting in the kitchen. Chocolate cakes and cheesecakes have always been my all-time favorites. When I’m bored, baking is my therapy. Now who doesn’t love cakes?
This Sunday I decided to bake a simple chocolate cake. Would love to share the recipe with you all. I have also shared a few pictures along with this post to make it easier for you. If you like it you can try it out too. So here we go.
First, the Ingredients
- All purpose Flour
- Hot Chocolate Powder ( I used Cadbury hot chocolate powder)
- Baking Powder
- Powdered Sugar
- A Glass of Milk
- Chocolate Syrup ( I used Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup as it is a bit thick. You can also make this by melting a pieces of dark chocolate).
- Butter for Greasing.
- Sieve the flour making sure there are no lumps.
- In a bowl make a mixture of the first four ingredients according to quantity (For Eg: For 1 cup all purpose Flour , Take 1/4 cup of chocolate powder , I/2 cup powdered sugar & a quarter table spoon of baking powder)
- Pour some milk into the mixture (according to consistency ) and form a batter. Remove the lumps from the batter. The batter should be of medium consistency.
- Take a cake pan and grease it with butter. You can also place a butter paper at the bottom to avoid sticking.
- Pour the batter into the cake Pan. Pat the pan a little if there is air incorporated into the batter and then place it in the oven.
- Set a timer and bake it for 40 Minutes. ( I have an oven which adjusts the heat automatically for baking cakes. Else you can preheat oven to 350 degrees F ( 175 degrees C).
- Remove the cake pan from the oven after 40 minutes .
- Insert a toothpick. If the toothpick inserted comes out clean your cake is well baked.
- Allow it to cool.
- Once cooled, transfer the cake to a plate.
- Add a generous amount of chocolate syrup (thick) on top of the cake according to your taste and spread it evenly.
- At last, cut the cake to desired shape and serve.
So the yummy chocolate cake is ready. Simple, easy & tasty.
That’s it for the cake recipe guys. Hope you enjoy it. Will try to share more simple recipes soon. Stay tuned! Until then Happy cooking ! Happy Baking !
About the Author
Hastha is a Chartered Accountant by profession and a dancer, orator and badminton player by passion. Besides these, she enjoys reading books, blogging, listening to music & of course, at times experimenting in the kitchen.