Summers bring the mangos fruit season. I love mangoes and today, I am sharing with you this healthy clear soup or rasam from raw mangoes! In local languages, this may be called Maavinakaayi Appehuli, Kai Mavina, Appekaati Saru but they all mean the same thing! That is, Delicious mango food! Enjoy!
Ingredients for Rasam :
- 1] Raw Mango 2 to 3
- 2] Cumin Seeds 1/4th tea spoon
- 3] Green Chilly 2
- 4] Jaggery
- 5] Salt
Ingredients for tempering the Rasam:
- 1] Red Chilly
- 2] Mustard Seeds 1/4 tea spoon
- 3] Curry Leaves 10 to 15
How to make Raw Mango Rasam
- 1] Cook the raw mango in water for 10 mins.
- 2] Then peel the cooked mango and transfer the pulp to the blender along with cumin seeds and green chilly and make a smooth paste by adding little water.
- 3] Transfer the ground paste into a kadai and add required amount of water to get rasam consistency.
- 4] Boil it and add salt and jaggery for better taste.
- 5] Finally temper it with mustard seeds, curry leaves, and red chilly.
Bon Appetit! Tangy and Tasty Raw Mango Rasam is Ready. Let me know in the comments below if you have tried this recipe!
By Thejaswini Lokesh