Konkani Style Mango Curry Recipe – Delicious
I am a BIG fan of Mangoes and I especially love them in the traditional curry. This is my go-to curry with rice. Trust me, if you love mangoes, you are going to love this. So here is the Konkani Style Mango Curry Recipe.
Ingredients for the Konkani Mango Curry
6 Ripe Mangoes (fibrous smaller variety suits best)
1/2 cup Jaggery, powdered (adjust to the sweetness of mangoes)
2 Green Chillies (adjust to taste)
1 teaspoon Ghee or coconut oil
2 Dry Red Chillies
1/2 teaspoon White Urad Dal (Split)
1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
1 pinch Asafoetida (hing)
How to make the Delicious Mango Curry?
- To begin making Konkani Style Mango Curry, wash mangoes well. Peel the skin with your hands. Some mango pulp will be adhering to the skin; that is ok; it will not go to waste.
- Place the peeled mango in a saucepan and the peels in a bowl.
- Add water, about 1/4 cup to the bowl with the mango peels, just enough that they are dipped in water.
- Keep squeezing the peels well in the bowl with your hands to remove the pulp still sticking to it as much as possible.
- Transfer this water to the saucepan containing the peeled ripe mangoes.
- Add slit green chilies to the mangoes in the saucepan. Heat on medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Once it comes to a boil, reduces the heat and simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes until the mangoes are cooked well and become soft; about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add jaggery to taste along with some salt; adjust to suit your taste; mix well.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes or more until you get your desired consistency.
- Now, it is time to season or temper the curry.
- In a small saucepan, heat ghee. Once the ghee is hot, add mustard seeds and when they start to splutter and crackle, add some curry leaves, dry red chilies, and thing.
- Immediately add to the curry and give it a good stir.
- Sweet, tangy, and exotic Konkani Style Mango Curry is ready.
We hope you enjoyed reading the Konkani Style Mango Curry Recipe. For more such content, consider subscribing to our mailing list below – to stay up to date with all Our Easy Recipes.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SIMPLE FOODIE COMMUNITY
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.